Warning Statement about Crowdfunding
- Crowd funding is risky.
- Crowdfunding issuers using this platform includes closed, private, family companies, start-up and small and medium size companies incorporated in the Kingdom of Bahrain or elsewhere and entities engaged in real estate projects in the Kingdom of Bahrain or elsewhere.
- Investment in these types of businesses is very speculative and carries high risks. You may lose your entire investment, and must be in a position to bear this risk without undue hardship.
- The CBB Law, Rules and Regulations normally requires people who offer financial products to give information to investors before they invest. This requires those offering financial products to have disclosed information that is important for investors to make an informed decision.
- The usual rules do not apply to crowdfunding offer by crowdfunding issuers using this crowdfunding platform. As a result, you may not be given all the information usually required. You will also have fewer other legal protections for this investment.
- Ask questions, read all information given carefully, and seek independent financial advice before committing yourself.